A few weeks ago, Microsoft announced a new milestone for the Microsoft Teams phone system – the Microsoft Teams SIP gateway will support IP DECT systems soon. A few vendors are already known and one of them will be Poly and their IP DECT solution Rove. In this blog post, I will write about the configuration and how to setup the Poly Rove to work together with the Microsoft Teams SIP gateway.
Continue reading “How to connect the Poly Rove IP DECT system to the Microsoft Teams SIP gateway”
Some days ago I had a request from a customer about missing Music on Hold on Polycom VVX Phones and an Audiocodes SBC. The customer infrastructure:
- Mixed Lync 2013 and Skype for Business infrastructure on-premises
- Audiocodes Mediant 2600 SBC
- Enterprise SIP Trunk by Deutsche Telekom
- 5.000 Users are enabled for Enterprise Voice features
- Some are using Polycom VVX IP Phone (411 and 601)
- Most users are using the Microsoft Skype for Business Client 2015 or C2R (2016)
The customer reported me, that for PSTN calls by Polycom VVX users the Music on Hold (MoH) was missing. When the same user calls someone in the company, the MoH is played to the other user. So, only PSTN calls are facing this issue. Furthermore, the customer told me that for users with Skype for Business softclient the problem doesn’t exist.
So, in consequence it seems that we have to do a
deeper look onto the Polycom VVX configuration because only these users are
facing the problem. And only if the call was routed to or from the PSTN.
Continue reading “Missing Music on Hold for PSTN Calls on a Polycom VVX Phone”